In the latest development from the Seattle grand jury investigation of the anarchist movement, Matthew “Maddy” Pfeiffer, of Olympia, has been subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury on November 7. Following the example of Kteeo Olejnik and Matt Duran, Maddy has boldly announced their refusal to testify. They may be imprisoned for contempt of court. Olejink and Duran remain in prison for their refusal.
We are asking all supports to fax and call the US attorney, Jenny A Durkan, on Tuesday, November 6 to demand an end to the grand jury and the release of all those subpoenaed. Below you will find a Fax Petition demanding that she end this witch-hunt. To join the petition effort, please follow these simple steps:
1) Go to http://faxzero.com/ .
2) Fill out the form with your name and email address under Sender information.
3) Fill out Jenny A Durkan under Receiver Name and (206) 553-0882 for the Receiver Fax Line.
4) Copy the text at the bottom of this email into the box that says “Type text to appear on the cover page”. Personalize the text in the box to include your name and also anything else you would like to say.
5) Enter the confirmation code
6) Click the Send Free Fax Now button at the bottom of the box.
7) Check your email and click on the confirmation link. Clicking on this link will actually send your fax.
8) Wait for the email that confirms that your fax has been sent.
9) Once you have sent the fax, please CALL the U.S. Attorney’s office at (800) 797-6722 to confirm that they received it. We suggest something like the following script:
“Hello my name is Miguel Gomez, and I just sent your office a fax to ask that Jenny Durkan call off tomorrow’s grand jury hearings, end the investigation, and release those people who have refused to testify. I’m calling now to confirm that you received it. Would you check for me please?”
The person answering the phone may offer some general assurance that they are receiving faxes. If they do, please be insistent: “It is very important to me that Ms. Durkin receive my message, and that my voice be added to the opposition to this grand jury. Would you double-check to verify that you’ve received my message. My name, again, is Miguel Gomez.”
10) Please send CAPR a message at firstname.lastname@example.org, to let us know that you sent the message, and what response you received when you called.
End the Grand Jury Investigation of the Anarchist Movement
To: Jenny Durkan
United States Attorney for Western Washington
Fax Line : (206) 553-0882
I am writing to add my voice to the hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals who have telephoned you, written and signed declarations, and demonstrated in cities around the country demanding an end to the grand jury witch-hunt of anarchists and aligned activists in the Pacific Northwest and for all those subpoenaed to be released from contempt.
This case clearly shows that your office is persecuting political dissent. It is despicable that the US Attorney and the FBI are harassing and intimating this group of people for their political beliefs. I demand that the grand jury investigation be ended immediately, that the governments repression of social movements stop, that those jailed for their refusal to testify be released, and that any items seized in the raids be returned to their rightful owners.